Thursday, July 24, 2008

I picked up this cute little antique rocking chair for $40 a month ago. The production date is difficult to read but it appears to be late 1800‘s. Mariposa is a veritable repository of antiques, especially carnival glass. A few weeks ago I bought an entire carnival glass collection (25 pieces) for $25 at a garage sale. One exceptional piece, a flawless orange candy dish with beautiful blue, violet, orange and gold highlights, priced out at $495 on the carnival glass connection - not bad for a dollar! That piece has been added to Alli’s growing collection.

2 comments:

AshBash said...

I really like this chair dad...I never thought about the cool antiques that could be found in Mariposa. I'm sure a lot is passed down in families there.

Alli said...

That's a cool antique rocking chair, I don't have the space for it right now, but maybe Ashley does, she seems to like the chair too.